It was amazing to meet so many people at the RStudio Conference last week. If you’d like to keep the party going and are thinking of ways to keep in touch with people you met at talks, Birds of a Feather sessions, or just walking around the hallways (in-person or virtually) – check out the upcoming meetup events!
This is the RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming virtual events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from June? Find them listed under ICYMI: June 2022 Events.
You can subscribe to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
- All are welcome – no matter your industry/experience
- No need to register for anything
- It’s always okay to join for part of a session
- You can just listen in if you want
- You can ask anonymous questions too!
Save the Date
- August 4, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Lindsey Dietz, Stress Testing Production Function Lead at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis (add to calendar)
- August 9, 2022 at 12 ET: Welcome to Quarto Workshop | Led by Tom Mock, RStudio (add to calendar)
- August 11, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Adam Bly, CEO and Founder at System (add to calendar)
- August 16, 2022 at 12 ET: Functional Data Analysis (Part 2) | Led by Matthew Malloure, Dow Chemical (add to calendar)
- August 18, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Ivonne Carrillo Domínguez, Data Engineering Manager at Bixal (add to calendar)
- August 23, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Pharma Meetup Series: Data-as-a-Product – A data science framework for data collaborations | Led by Afshin Mashadi-Hossein, Bristol Myers Squibb (add to calendar)
- August 22, 2022 at 12 ET: Communicating the value of data science | Led by Merav Yuravlivker (add to calendar)
- August 25, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Jay Sewell, Director of Analytics at Harry Rosen (add to calendar)
- August 30, 2022 at 12 ET: Building a Blog with Quarto | Led by Isabella Velásquez, RStudio (add to calendar)
- September 1, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Tiger Tang, Manager of Data Science at CARFAX (add to calendar)
- September 6, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Public Sector Meetup: Employee Engagement in VA with Shiny | Led by Ryan Derickson, Veterans Affairs (add to calendar)
- September 13, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Sports Analytics Meetup: NFL Big Data Bowl 2022 Winners discuss the Math behind the Path | Led by Robyn Ritchie, Brendan Kumagai, Ryker Moreau, Elijah Cavan (add to calendar)
Data Science Hangout
The Data Science Hangout is a weekly, free-to-join open conversation for current and aspiring data science leaders to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week.
The conversation is all audience-based and you can jump on whenever it fits your schedule. Add the weekly hangouts to your calendar and check out the website with all the recordings.
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on Meetup.
ICYMI: June 2022 Events
- June 1, 2022 at 12 ET: Using Python with RStudio Team | Led by David Aja, RStudio
- June 2, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Travis Gerke, Director of Data Science at PCCTC
- June 7, 2022 at 12 ET: Making microservices a part of your data science team | Led by Tom Schenk & Bejan Sadeghian at KPMG
- June 9, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Tanya Cashorali, CEO and Founder at TCB Analytics
- June 14, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Healthcare Meetup: Translating facts into insights at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia | Led by Jake Riley
- June 16, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with David Meza, AIML R&D Lead, People Analytics at NASA
- June 21, 2022 at 12 ET: Enabling Citizen Data Scientists with RStudio Academy | Led by James Wade, Dow Chemical
- June 23, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Alec Campanini, Senior Manager II, Omni MerchOps Innovation: Assortment & Space Analytics at Walmart
- June 28, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Sports Analytics Meetup: SportsDataverse Initiative | Led by Saiem Gilani, Houston Rockets
- June 30, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Rebecca Hadi, Head of Data Science at Lyn Health
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission form. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!